Ministry of Finance
External Resources Division
Agreed Minutes of Discussion Between the Representatives of the Government of Bangladesh and of ADFAED.
A 2 member mission consisting of Mr. M. Khalid A. Khan and Dr. Jarir S Dajani of Abu Dhabi Fund for Arab Economic Development (ADFAED) visited Bangladesh between June 8 and 22, 1984 to finalize all arrangements in respect of utilization of personal grants announced by His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Alnahyan for the people of Bangladesh during his visit to Bangladesh in May, 1984. The mission was received on behalf of the Government of Bangladesh by the Joint Secretary (ME), External Resources Division of the Ministry of Finance and other relevant officials. The mission called on PFS&AF, met and conferred with the relevant personnel of the concerned ministries/ divisions/ agencies of the Government of Bangladesh, visited possible sites for sinking of deep tube wells construction of commercial building (wakf) and schools and orphanages. Following these visits and discussions with the relevant personnel of various ministries/ divisions/ agencies of the Government of Bangladesh, it was agreed and understood as follows:
1) an orphanage accommodating 200 to 300 orphans, both male and female, preferably taken in equiproportion will be set up at Dhaka. The orphanage with provisions for adequate living accommodation, a primary school, facilities for games and sports and vocational training and an informary will be set up at Dhaka in the name of His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Alnahyan;
2) for this orphanage a piece of land in Mirpur has since been jointly selected and shall be provided by the Government of Bangladesh. On this land the required buildings and facilities will be provided out of grant to be made specifically for the purpose by His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Alnahyan;
3) the management of the orphanage will vest in a Trust to be created for the purpose by His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Alnahyan in consultation with the Government of Bangladesh;
4) the orphanage will be maintained by the said trust and will be a non-Governmental Institution but subject to such supervisions as the Government of Bangladesh and the Trust may agree from time to time;
5) it is expected that boys and girls taken into the orphanage will be able to complete their primary education at the primary school to be located within and as a part of theorphanage Beyond the primary stage education of orphans at the secondary level in suitable cases will be arranged by the orphanage. In this connection necessary logistic supportwill be provided by the Government of Bangladesh;
6) the building for the orphanage will have provision for future expansion; and
7) the Government of Bangladesh will ensure operation of the Trust in perpetuity and proper protection of its funds and assets.
বিশিষ্ট রাজনীতিবিদ জনাব নুরুজ্জামান আহমেদ লালমনিরহাট জেলার কালী...
প্রতিষ্ঠানের ভাইস চেয়ারম্যান
জনাব মোহাম্মদ জয়নুল বারী
সচিব, সমাজকল্যাণ মন্ত্রণালয়
প্রতিষ্ঠানের নির্বাহী পরিচালক
প্রতিষ্ঠানের নির্বাহী পরিচালক: জনাব কে.ওবি.এম ওমর ফারুখ চৌধুরী, যুগ্ম-সচিব (অবঃ)